FoodReference.com (since 1999)
Food Articles, News & Features Section
Home | Food Articles | Food Trivia | Today In Food History | Food Timeline | Videos | Recipes
Cooking Tips | Food Quotes | Who's Who | Food Trivia Quizzes | Crosswords | Food Poems
Cookbooks | Magazines | Recipe Contests | Culinary Schools | Gourmet Tours | Food Festivals
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
1) Why was sliced bread banned in the U.S. on January 18, 1943 during World War II?
2) What is the largest drive-in restaurant chain? What restaurant chain was originally named "Danny's Donuts"?
3) In 1876 B&M baked beans were the first baked beans to be sold in cans. What does the B&M stand for and what was the specific reason this company canned baked beans?
1) Sliced bread went stale faster, and therefor Americans used more wheat, needed to feed soldiers. Bread slicing machines also needed metal parts for repairs - metal that was needed for manufacturing ships, tanks, guns etc.
2) Sonic Drive-In is the largest drive-in restaurant chain. "Denny's" restaurants stared out as "Danny's Donuts" in 1953, then "Danny's Coffee Shops" and finally in 1959 was renamed "Denny's".
3) Burnham & Morill Company canned baked beans for use by the fishermen who worked their fishing fleet out of Portland, Maine.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: email@example.com
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2017 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.